Tuesday 22 June 2010

Snappy Answers to Stupid Questions (SATSQ) - Contest 1

There used to be a really funny feature in the MAD Magazine that I used to enjoy and lap up. It was called "Snappy Answers to Stupid Questions". It used to have a hilarious combination of dumb questions and terrific comebacks by the cult cartoonist Al Jaffee

Many times, I have been caught by what is definitively a stupid question from an acquaintance, relative or even friend. Though I consider myself quick witted (modesty, it certainly seems is an underrated virtue!), there are times when I sit thinking that I should have given a better answer to the Stooopid question.

So, in rememberance and fond revenge of all those times, I proudly unveil the SATSQ - Contest 1.

Here is the stupid question, quite a favorite in Interviews..





"Where do you see yourself in five years?"

What would be your SATSQ response to that question? The winner will be crowned "Smart Alec" and awarded a trophy here on Saturday. Please note that racial comments or flaming are not welcome and will not be published, much less awarded..

5 comments:

  1. SATSQ would be
    "I'll get in touch with my astrologer and get back to you at the earliest"

    ReplyDelete
  2. "At a lone friend's place, sipping the last drops of wine, rewinding and reliving life's failures"
    OR
    "At a friend's place, sipping the never ending drops of Chivas Regal, and proudly boasting my success"

    Now it's your turn to decide an option?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry 2012 is the end and I am all decked up for it :-D

    ReplyDelete
  4. in front of a mirror... where else could you see yourself?!

    ReplyDelete