Friday 2 January 2009

Gluttony

Today's day has been a day of indulging in food.

Morning was breakfast at this little restaurant in Manama called 'Gowri Krishna' Very decent food- my test for any udipi/south indian joint is the 'sambar'- I am a sambar freak, and GK passed with an 'A'

Then lunch was at Gujrathi restaurant in the souq- AWESOME food- and I totally overindulged in their 'doodh'- yes its called doodh, and its akin to the South Indian 'Basundhi'- its meant to be had with pooris or as it is. I drank it as if it was going out of style or something!
The undhia was great and so was the dhal, which I feel is soo difficult to replicate at home, no matter how hard I try..

We stopped for a coffee at Costa, where I had a Mocha Flake coffee- couldnt finish even the 'small' portion that they serve!

Night was pasta and our staple for calling it 'the end' to any meanl- the non-descript but very very satisfying 'thayr saadham' without which any tam-bram meal is incomplete!!

The pasta was a breeze- I took some traditional pasta sauce from a bottle, added pepper powder, pinch of salt, the boiled fusili, and 3 tbsps of milk powder mixed with half a cup of water.
The result was my version of pasta arrabiata!!

Try it, its finger-licking good:)
Will take pics to post next time.

Tomorrow I better do an hour on the treadmill!!

Happy 2009 everyone !!




No comments:

Post a Comment