Wednesday 31 December 2008

End of the year..

'Time is a versatile performer. It flies, marches on, heals all wounds, runs out, and will tell.' — Franklin P. Jones.

As this year comes to an end, I thought about how true the above line is - only time runs out on people, not on itself.. It is the only constant in the ever changing world-

There are so many people in this world who are without their families on this day and most days and it makes me feel so blessed that I can share my days with my loved ones.

SO many people without food, clothing,shelter, disabled, without love...
it makes me think of 2 things -that how important spreading love is..and second that how come inspite of knowing all of this, I have behaved in a petty manner, wanted more and more material things?

In fact, as this year rolls to an end, I am feeling quite melancholy about all the things I could have achieved, but didnt- be it in terms of gaining knowledge, helping others, or growing spiritually..

Anyway, as Scarlett said, tomorrow's another day- well, she should've said :today is another day- (perhaps it was night when she said tomorrow's another day' :))

Here's to friendship and love!! and being a better person every day and in every way :)


1 comment:

  1. awwwwww Smi - feeling pretty senti there huh! True we have a lot of blessings to thank for and take for granted all the time!

    Year-ends always makes one want to introspect, review and wonder what we could have done better! Unfortunately, like hangovers, one snaps out in a day or two!!

    Here's hoping that we keep this year's resolutions

    ReplyDelete