Sunday 28 December 2008

Smi's New Year Resolution


I have this aunt, who whenever she sees me, thinks it important to say ' என்னடி ஸ்மிதா இது! இப்படி துரும்பா இளைச்சுட்டே ?- enna di smitha idhu, ippudi thurumbaa elechchitte?!!'

Its soooo irritating, especially as I know I have piled on the pounds since the last time i saw her like someone paid me to do so!!


That brings me to one of my painpoints( is that a word??).. the need to carry through to completion, the weak? desire to exercise the flab off..
its always a case of 'the mind is willing but the flesh is weak'

I had taken up walking around in my compound, with great vigor, but had found the gardners averting their glances whenever I came round- was a bit disconcerting..
In fact, one of my clients from the Ad world here in Bahrain, who used to stay in the same compound, said he remembered me very well as being an 'avid walker'!! Wonder why??
Of course, having a Bangladeshi watchman, who would always, but always, interupt each of my rounds with a ' medam' O bidiya medam bhaction se kob Oyega, ? or 'medam' obhi tobhyath koisa hoi?' or one of those sentences deeply tinged with a Bengali acent, which would make me slow down and ponder on what exactly it was that he said..didnt help matters..
Whenever I tried to go down a different route in order to avoid him, the poor soul would come running after me, or he would close the compound gates in order to stop me..
So that put paid to that!!
oh by the way, the bidiya is our vids, and he wanted to know when she would be back from vacation!!

I have also paid muchamoney, manyatime to manyagym ,towards annual/halfyearly/quarterly subscriptions , going initially with great gusto, but then slacking off after 10 or so days back to my days of couch-potatodom..eating more than my normally high intake telling myself that i need the nourishment as I am gymming!!

Well, another year is at end ,with my weight ballooning to a new high- so I have resolved to put in at least 45 minutes a day on the treadmill for the benefit of my health and I really hope that in April, when I see my aunt at a family wedding next, I can feel good about her words being genuine!! Oh well!! I can always dream :)


No comments:

Post a Comment